Wednesday, October 22, 2008

SAUCE: Stroganoff

My sister brought us by a big pot of what I call Stroganoff with meatballs and some Garlic Bread recently. I think she had made an extra large amount for her family and our parents and brought us the leftovers. It was delicious. My husband was gone that evening, but even reheated he liked it so well that he bought some McCormick (I think) package that has a split pouch: one side for the meatball flavoring and one side for the pasta flavoring and he bugged me for a while to make it. Well, one night I was debating about what to do with some hamburger meat and he dragged out that package! We didn't have any egg noodles and I refused to use spaghetti noodles, so he went to the little store nearby. (I knew he wouldn't find any, but I started on the meatballs anyway.) He came back with some tiny sea shell pasta! I mixed those with spaghetti noodles and made the dang stuff. The meatballs were good. The pasta sauce was thin and insubstantial with no flavor. I called my sister and told her that she was to blame! ;o) I said "see what you got me in to. What did you use for your sauce?" She said she used Alfredo sauce! Oh yummy. No wonder. Well, yesterday I on my Food Gawker a photo of Carrot & Potato Gratin popped up and I clicked on it and was reading it. It sounds good, but the photos & step-by-step instructions were even more beautiful! This woman is a truly a talent. She had a link for Stroganoff Sauce at the bottom of that page, so of course I had to follow it... Now I'm going to have to try it. I've already created a recipe card:


I like that she says that it tastes good on chicken. I'm always looking for different ways to make chicken taste different since we eat a lot of it.

I bought a Raspberry Vinaigrette the other day. I won't put it on a salad or anything, but I'm going to look for ways to make a sauce out of it. I think it would make a flavorful base...

UPDATE: What I found.

Tequila Raspberry Sauce

Raspberry Wine Vinegar

Pinjur Sauce - nothing to do with Raspberries or Vinaigrettes, but looks appetizing!

Green Tomato Salsa - something my guys would probably like.

Tips of How to Cook Pasta & Types of Pasta




No comments: