Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SOUP: Roasted Garlic Potato

Well, I tried making Cooking Light's Roasted Garlic Potato Soup yesterday while I was waiting on my husband to get home from work/shopping and it was a good thing. He didn't answer the phone to take my "order" on what I needed from the store and he didn't buy some staples that we needed. He says that he'll stop again on his way home today, but tonight is band night, so we'll see... I had to go over to my dad's and borrow a cup of milk (that's how out of everything we were), and I didn't have any garlic heads so I just used the minced garlic I had in the fridge. I also left out the carrots (on purpose) and used minced onion flakes instead on real onions (which I don't like) and parsley from the shelf instead of fresh, but even still, in spite of all of that, the soup was DELICIOUS! Oh yeah, I used 6 strips of bacon instead of 2 and forgot all about the chicken broth. Did I follow their recipe or not... ;o) Anyway, here's the card I created on it:

You can see a photo of "my" bowl under the Lunch Menu -->
I put some croutons on top. Sprinkled a little cheese over that and topped it off with some crumbled bacon. (I actually had 2 bowls!, but I decided to stop eating more after that and leave some for my family. ;o)

No comments: