Friday, March 13, 2009

SANDWICH: Fried Peanut Butter & Banana

One of the neighborhood boys was over here this afternoon (actually he's still here, along with 3 other kids that aren't mine!) and watched an episode of Paula Deen with me. She was doing stuff with bananas and she made an updated version of Elvis' favorite sandwich: a fried peanut-butter & banana sandwich. She added honey to her recipe and sprinkled cinnamon. Me and the kid started jonesing for one, but I didn't have any honey. He said the little store around the corner had some, so off we went! :)



They turned out YUMMY, but I would have done 2 things differently from Paula. 1) I would have toasted my bread before I spread the mixture on it (the butter made our bread too thin and let the peanut-butter spread ooze out) and 2) I would have had a glass of milk ALREADY poured. (Cause, man, this stuff is THICK and makes ya thirsty!



P.S. The kids are always telling me that I'm crazy for taking photos of my food. And Westley, the kid who helped me make the sandwiches today, even made this comment. So, I just showed him my blog and he said "Oh, cool. Have any of your friends commented?" Yeah kid. This cooking blog is JUST LIKE MySpace... :) I was shocked to see hear him comment on how many of the meals on here he had had with us this week, but hearing him say "and that was really good, and that..." made it worth it - I guess... ;o)

No comments: