Friday, March 20, 2009

Stuffed Bell Peppers

Danny wants Stuffed Bell Peppers for supper tonight. I made him some years ago and he critiqued me so much I vowed to never make them again. I brought him some home from church recently that Mrs. Tucker made and he must have liked them enough that it got him to hankerin' some more! :)

So, I'm searching for a recipe and man there are a bunch:

Dad's Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe

Mom's Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe

This one is made with crackers and has a cheese sauce that you pour over the end product.

This one uses stuffing/breading mix and cheddar cheese or tomato sauce with parsley.

He wants one that has cheese AND rice. This one has brown rice & tomato sauce, while this one is more complicated but with white rice.

This search is for "stuffed bell peppers" & this one is for "rice stuffed bell peppers".

This recipe has rice, tomatoes and corn!**

**I'm trying this one, but Danny plucked some Rosemary from the yard and wanted me to include it, so in it goes. I'm using Mexican corn instead of sweet and Rotel instead of just tomato juice. So we'll see how it turns out!

This one has rice, tomatoes, cheese and Worcestershire sauce. (Meanwhile I found this...)

Here's a Cajun recipe made with Rotel and sausage! And this one is made with a jalapeno cornbread mix.

Danny's dad went to the hospital today. His nurse said that his kidneys may be failing...

No comments: